- Microscale Fluid–Structure Interactions: Towards a Predictive Theory of Their Dynamic Response
- Controlling particle migration using geometry and hydrodynamics
- Computational methods for interfacial flows and fluid–structure interactions
- Non-Newtonian fluid flows, including viscous gravity currents, start-up problems, microflows, slip phenomena.
- Nonlinear waves; PDEs with Hamiltonian structure
- Hyperbolic conservation laws in fluid mechanics
See also Prof. Christov's faculty research presentation.
- Anomalous scalings in the diffusion of granular materials
- Chaotic mixing of granular materials
- Nonlinear acoustics, wave propagation and shock formation in homentropic fluids
- Internal wave breaking in lakes
- Wavelets and wavelet methods for signal processing and solution of PDEs