- Microscale fluid–structure interactions: Towards a predictive theory of their dynamic response.
- Fluid–structure interactions in intracranial aneurysms: Coupled flow and biomechanics.
- Controlling particle migration using geometry and hydrodynamics.
- Computational methods for interfacial flows and fluid–structure interactions.
- Non-Newtonian fluid flows, including viscous gravity currents, start-up problems, microflows, slip phenomena.
- Nonlinear waves; PDEs with Hamiltonian structure; stochastics (see e.g., langevinkinks project)
- Hyperbolic conservation laws in fluid mechanics.
See also Prof. Christov's faculty research presentation.
- Anomalous scalings in the diffusion of granular materials.
- Chaotic mixing of granular materials.
- Nonlinear Fourier analysis and transforms for ocean acoustics modeling.
- Nonlinear acoustics (inviscid and thermoviscous), wave propagation and shock formation.
- Internal waves, breaking and shock formation.
- Wavelets and wavelet methods for signal processing and solution of PDEs.